About This Opportunity
Are you skilled in a trade, proficient in administration or a mechanical designer? Do you enjoy being part of a fast-paced environment and ready to tackle challenges with focus on quality and accuracy? If so, read on.
VTR Feeder Solutions is a leader in automated parts feeding systems. We manufacture feeder systems for a variety of industries — from automotive to pharmaceutical to food. We have helped hundreds of organizations around the world successfully improve their business with our expert insight into the best feeding solutions.
We Hire for Life!
We are currently looking for a Mechanical Designer to join our team for upcoming future opportunities.
Who we are – We are VTR Feeder Solutions, a leader in automated parts feeding systems and Canada’s largest parts feeding company? Each piece we create are specifically designed to function individually or within a larger system and is built using the highest quality materials to exceed industry standards. From automotive to medical and pharmaceutical companies, we have helped hundreds of organizations around the world successfully improve their business with our expert insight in the best feeding solutions.
Why join us:
- Culture of Kindness
- Team Environment
- Sr. Management Team that Cares
- Learning and Development
- Employee Assistant Program
- Extended Health Spending Account
- Safety Shoe Allowance and Custom Hearing Protection
- Employee Benefit Program including medical and dental coverage
- Competitive Wages
Must be willing to relocate to Grimsby, Ontario
- Perform all mechanical design and engineering tasks that include concept development, detail design, analysis and creation of manufacturing and assembly drawings
- Using SolidWorks to prepare dimensional drawings, installation drawing reflecting design changes, in collaboration with other departments to ensure consistent documentation of the project
- Mechanical designers prepare dimensional drawings, installation drawings and complex drawings (plant assembly)
- Mechanical designers may need to revise and update existing drawings reflecting design changes, in collaboration with other department leaders to ensure consistent documentation of the project
- Review blueprints, plans, specifications, and other customer documentation if requested by a project manager
- Consult with Sales and Management on guidelines for 3D drawings which meet and exceed the client’s requirements (bid and submittal phase)
- Maintain detailed notes, design calculations and other documentation (like drawings, bill of materials, list of design parameters and performance guarantees) for future reference
- Produce final detailed Bill of Materials and distribute to relevant departments
- Review and adapt to information regarding product innovations, competitors, and market conditions
- Ensure outputs meet production safety and quality standards, as well as customer needs
- Previous experience in Mechanical Engineer, Design Engineer, SolidWorks Specialist
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Experience & Qualifications
What You Bring
- College/University degree or background in Mechanical Engineering, Design and Drafting in CAD systems.
- Proficiency with SolidWorks
- Familiarity with standard automation components, processing, and technologies
- Automation/parts feeding industry experience preferred
- Ability to take a project from customer scope of work to production sign off
- Prior success in design of innovative systems an asset
- Able to generate layout drawings from sketches and specifications
- Knowledgeable of standard drafting practices and procedures
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands
Ready to join the VTR team? Apply today!
Does this position sound like a good fit for you? Apply today! We thank all applicants for their interest, however, we will only contact those that best meet our needs and qualifications.Apply Now